West Tennessee is a great place to live, work, and play, but it has issues with moisture. The ground is often damp, which attracts pests. Spiders, ants, termites, mosquitoes, bed bugs, cockroaches, and other nasty creatures can make their way into your home, causing damage, diseases, and stress.
When pests infest your home, yard, or business, it can make life unbearable. That’s where the team at Golden Circle Exterminators comes in.
Humboldt’s Pest and Moisture Control Experts
Golden Circle Exterminators can help with issues involving moisture control and pest control in Humboldt. If you’ve been dealing with pest issues for way too long, it’s time to take control. Take the next step and give us a call today to get started on a pest-free life.
Ant Control in Humboldt
There are several main types of ants you should be aware of in Western Tennessee:
- Odorous house ants. These ants are also small (1/8 inch long) and harmless. However, they smell like rotten coconut when they are squished. They are very sneaky and will take advantage of any small crack or crevice that will let them inside.
- Carpenter ants. Carpenter ants are fairly large, about ½ inch long. These ants are usually wingless but destructive. They destroy wood when they make their nests in it. They prefer wood that is wet or rotting. Getting rid of them can be difficult.
- Fire ants. Fire ants are smaller, up to ¼ inch long. They can be red, black, or brown with a copper-colored head. These ants are aggressive ants and will sting anything that they perceive to be a threat. They are extremely territorial and will protect their area. You don’t want to mess with fire ants. The best way to get rid of them is to get a year-round pest prevention program.
- Little black ants. These ants are small, and less than 1.5 mm long. They are not dangerous and do not destroy wood like carpenter ants. However, they can invade homes and businesses in very large numbers, getting into food and causing sanitation issues.
Humboldt Moisture Control
Excessive moisture is not good when it’s under or around a house. Water can cause mildew, and fungus, all of which can cause illnesses. Everyone reacts to mildew and fungi differently. Some people are sensitive to mildew and fungi and may develop a stuffy nose, wheezing, itchy skin, and red eyes. Others may develop more intense reactions.
The most common signs of moisture problems in your home include:
- Condensation on the interior glass of the windows.
- Mildew spots on ceilings or in corners.
- Grayish water level marks in basements or crawl spaces.
If you notice any of these signs, our team can help. Give us a call and we’ll give you a free evaluation. If we determine that treatment is necessary, we will craft a custom treatment plan. A one-time treatment may take just a few hours and then your life will be back to normal.
We start by treating the wood throughout the affected area, spraying for mildew and fungus. Over a six-week period, the chemical treatment soaks into the wood, killing the fungus. We can install a moisture barrier if your home does not already have one. If necessary, we can install a dehumidifier. We also offer an encapsulation process.
Crawlspace encapsulation refers to sealing off all sources of moisture from entering your crawlspace. The three main sources of moisture are humid outside air, moisture from the ground, and moisture that moves through outside foundation walls. After these moisture sources are blocked, a dehumidifier is installed to remove any remaining moisture in the air.
Contact Us Today
Whether you are looking for moisture control, spider control, ant control, or other types of pest control in Humboldt, you can count on Golden Circle Exterminators to help. You can trust our team of professionals to provide you with the quick, effective service you desire. If you’re sick of pests taking over your home, yard, or business, give us a call today at (731) 668-4887 and schedule a free inspection.